It's Our 37th Anniversary!
"To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow." - Audrey Hepburn
Our outdoor world is so magical right now we're repeating this quote as we begin celebrating our World's Window 37th anniversary!
As we LOOK UP it gives a new perspective as we then lower our gaze a bit to LOOK OUT at our changing world. There are so many ways to "plant a garden" and bring hope to our world.
So, how does that fit with our 37th Anniversary?
Usually we would be starting our annual "Flipping Favorites" clothing drive for Rose Brooks Center, our local domestic violence shelter, as a part of our April anniversary celebrations. We would love to celebrate with a clothing drive, a crazy party, hugs all around, drinks & food. But not this year. We are still not able to collect used clothing. We’re all just now safely STEPPING OUT. Baby steps!
This month, as we celebrate our 37th anniversary, we invite you to join us in STEPPING UP & STEPPING OUT to help the women and children and their pets at Rose Brooks. A current need for adults & children in shelter is TENNIS SHOES, so we're going to collect as many NEW tennis shoes as we can.
YOU can participate in “STEPPING UP & STEPPING OUT” in SO many ways!!
1) Bring one or more pairs of NEW tennis shoes for either women or children to World’s Window any day between now and Saturday, May 1. Please keep the tennis shoes in the original boxes and/or plastic.
2) OR stop by World’s Window and contribute $37 to the Rose Brooks DipJar by dipping your credit or debit card – so easy! And it makes fun dinging sounds! And, yes, you can dip more than once! All proceeds benefit Rose Brooks Center.
3) OR, when shopping in our store, add a donation to your shopping ticket at check-out. Again, all donated proceeds benefit Rose Brooks Center.
4) OR, click this link to donate directly to our special Rose Brooks fund drive.
5) OR, Text the word combo WORLDSWINDOW to the number 41444 to get to an easy donation form. Choose $37 or any donation amount to help support Rose Brooks Center.
We'll celebrate your generosity with a “Thank You” 20% off coupon you can use during our safe shopping celebration on any one of 3 days, Thursday, April 29 through Saturday, May 1 at World’s Window OR online.
April is also Domestic Violence Awareness Month. This has been a particularly challenging year for Rose Brooks Center. Join us in helping Rose Brooks STEP UP as they help women and children STEP OUT into new lives.
THANK YOU, KMBC Channel 9 and Cody Holyoke for giving us a shout out!!
Questions? Call us at 816-361-2500 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
And, thank you for helping us plant a garden of hope.
Jan Buerge, owner, World's Window